Hayward is a reputable company that provides quality pool heaters.
Some of its products are more affordable than others, and they are not of the same quality.
That is why we have Hayward pool heater reviews to provide you with the best models on the market today.
Top 5 Hayward Pool Heater Reviews
The Hayward products in this review are top-quality, easy to install, and guarantee durability.
1. HAYWARD W3H150FDN Universal H-Series
The product was designed to provide you with a premium heating performance that guarantees you a warm pool. Here are its features:
- Reliable: It is a reliable heater that offers the best performance for years to ensure comfort.
- Cupro-Nickel Heat Exchanger: The system allows for maximum heat transfer to provide efficiency. Another thing is the ability to prevent premature fail or corrosion that occurs due to unbalanced water.
- Hydraulic Design: Hydraulic design helps to minimize circulation pump operation time to save you energy.
- Front Panel Access: That allows for smooth operation, service, and maintenance as you can access the unit with ease.
- Low NOx Emission: The product meets the industry standards of low NOx production to leave the environment clean.
- 150,000 BTU: The heater heats your pool fast using the 150,000 BTU it produces.
- Natural Gas: It also uses natural gas to warm your swimming pool.
- Spa and Pool: You can use it to heat both your swimming pool and spas.
- 149.7 Pounds: The unit is lightweight to allow you to install it with ease.
- 31.3 x 30.8 x 28.6 Inches: You can also fit it in areas with limited spaces due to its compact design.
2. HAYWARD H150FDN Universal H-Series
Another H-Series model that can make your pool warm and extend your swimming season is the H150FDN. It comes with these features:
- Cupro-Nickel Heat Exchanger: The material ensures that most of the heat gets into the water and offers efficient heating. You can be sure the exchange is also durable and withstands the harsh climate and water.
- Polymer Header: It is a patented header that combines with the bypass valve to offer hydraulic efficiency. That means you get a reliable heater.
- Easy Installation: Another great thing is the easy installation thanks to the versatile design.
- Low NOx Emissions: The unit meets or exceeds the set air quality to prevent pollution.
- Durable Unit: You get among the most durable heaters on the market today.
- 150,000 BTU: The universal H-Series model uses up to 150,000 BTU to heat the water.
- Spa and Pool Heater: You get a model for heating both the spa and swimming pools.
- Natural Gas: The unit uses natural gas to heat your swimming pool.
- 110 Pounds: Another thing to note is you get a lightweight product.
3. HAYWARD W3H200FDP Universal H-Series
W3H200FDP is the only pool heater you would ever need to ensure that you extended your swimming season and dive in during the chilly nights. Some of its features are:
- Premium Heating Performance: It is a product that provides you with premium heating for years. That only means you enjoy a comfortable swimming pool for decades.
- Cupro-Nickel Heat Exchanger: Another great feature is the durable heat exchanger that can withstand all kinds of weather. The system also guarantees effective heat transfer to reduce your heating cost.
- Hydraulic Design: This industry-leading design helps to reduce circulation pump operation time to save energy.
- Front-Panel Access: The feature makes it easy to maintain and repair your heater.
- Low NOx Emissions: You get a system that meets the industry air standards to guarantee less pollution.
- 200,000 BTU: You get up to 200,000 BTU of heating power.
- Spa and Pool: The product is recommended for heating swimming pools and spas.
- Propane Gas: You need propane gas to run the unit when warm your pool.
- 160.7 Pounds: It is also a lightweight machine.
- 31.3 x 30.8 x 28.6 Inches: The model is compact to allow for easy installation.
4. HAYWARD CSPAX155 Heater
CSPAX155 is a spa heater that you can use to warm your swimming pool and enjoy the much-needed comfort. Here are its qualities:
- Stainless Steel Tank: It provides you with durability to continue using your heater without any worry.
- Stainless Steel Threaded Head: Another feature that to durability is the threaded head. You get a safety sensor heating element.
- Heater Indicator Light: You can know when the system is working efficiently and when it has an issue.
- Simple Design: You can access the heater when you want to repair or maintain it thanks to the simple design.
- 5.5 Kilowatt: That means the unit uses electricity to warm your swimming pool.
- Spa and Pool: You can use the heat to heat a small-sized pool and spa.
- 11.7 Pounds: The model is lightweight to allow for easy installation.
- 13.75 x 10.69 x 8.62 Inches: It is also quite compact.
5. HAYWARD H300FDN Universal H-Series
You can rest your search of the pool heater if you choose the Hayward H300FDN H-Series model. What are some of the features you can enjoy?
- Cupro-Nickle Heat Exchanger: The heat exchanger is made of quality material to provide you with reliability and value.
- Polymer Header: You also get a bypass valve to ensure you experience the best hydraulic operation.
- Professional Installation: The product was designed to allow for easy installation and provide a professional look.
- Low NOx Emission: It is a product that meets or exceeds the set air pollution standards.
- 300,000 BTU: You get enough energy to heat your pool during the cold days.
- Spa and Pool: This unit is recommended for heating pools and spas.
- Natural Gas: You need natural gas to warm your facility.
- 145 Pounds: Another thing is the lightweight nature of the heater.
Frequently Asked Questions: Hayward Pool Heater
We have all the questions that people ask about Hayward pool heaters.
Q: How Long Do Hayward Pool Heaters Last?
A: These models can last for between 7-10 years if you maintain and repair them. They might be expensive, but they are worth the price.
Q: How to Winterize a Hayward Pool Heater?
A: Follow these steps:
- Turn the heater “OFF” and disconnect the power system
- Take out the front access panel and confirm the heat exchanger inside the pump
- Disconnect plumbing lives
- Leave it for the water to drain out
- Connect the connection unions loosely
Q: Are Hayward Pool Pumps Good?
A: Hayward is a reputable company that provides some of the top-quality pool pumps you can find on the market today. They are made using quality material to withstand the harsh climate.
Q: Is Pentair Better Than Hayward?
A: Both brands offer products with unique strengths and weaknesses.
We have covered some of the best gas heaters this brand provides but also ensured you would not go looking for other Hayward electric pool heater reviews. Choose the model that meets your needs.